Dental Fillings in San Diego, California
Beautiful Composite Fillings Blend Right In
At San Diego True Design Dentistry, we believe in treating cavities in their smallest and earliest stages. Why? Because this minimizes the impact that it has on the rest of your tooth, keeps your cost of care down, and helps your teeth function longer.
Our restoration process implements:
- Tooth-colored materials that blend right in with your smile
- State-of-the-art materials that are functional and durable
- White fillings that can be placed on almost any area of your tooth
- Minimal tooth preparation
- The option to replace your existing silver fillings with a more cosmetic option
Treat Cavities Early to Keep Teeth Strong
San Diego True Design Dentistry uses minimally invasive techniques to remove tooth decay and fill the area with a composite filling that doesn’t interfere with the natural form and function of your tooth. During your filling appointment, we will anaesthetize the area before removing any decayed or damaged tooth enamel. The underlying tooth structure is cleaned and shaped to support a permanent restoration over it. We then carefully colour-match your tooth with one of our multiple shades of filling material so that the filling literally blends in with your tooth. Once the composite has been applied, it is shaped to resemble natural tooth form and then cured with a bright light. After your treatment, it will look as if your tooth is completely whole again! Do you still have questions? Call us at 858-279-3455 to find out how we can help.
Do You Have a Cavity?
Symptoms of cavities often include signs such as:
- Tooth sensitivity
- Dark or white spots on the teeth
- Food packing between the teeth during meals
- Something feeling “not quite right” when you’re biting or chewing
We recommend taking low-radiation digital radiographs at least once a year to help screen for cavities in their earliest stages. Earlier diagnosis prevents costly treatments from being necessary later on. It also limits the amount of tooth alteration that is necessary during the restorative process. If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, we recommend that you schedule your exam as soon as possible.