Porcelain Dental Veneers – A Beautiful Smile as Never Before
The impact of a beautiful smile, goes a long way, in terms of boosting up your self-confidence or be it your career growth or even your ability to stand out in your social group. A survey conducted in a sample population shows that 80% of people are not happy with their smile. Discolored tooth, misaligned tooth or chipped tooth can be considered as one among several reasons for your dissatisfaction. Dental veneers act like a solution to all your smile concerns. It is the most sought after option for a beautiful smile. Dental veneers mask minor cosmetic flaws of your teeth. Veneers are custom-made thin teeth like shells which are designed to cover the front of the teeth to improve the esthetics of your smile.
Two most commonly used material for dental veneers are
- Composite Resin
Porcelain Dental Veneers
This type of dental veneers are made up of porcelain material to mimic the look of your natural teeth along with the strength and resistance just as similar to the tooth enamel of the tooth.
What are the benefits of porcelain veneers
- Porcelain veneers are durable and long lasting
- The look and feel of these veneers are as close as your natural teeth, and nobody will suspect that you have undergone cosmetic treatment
- Porcelain veneers are removable and replaceable
- These veneers are custom made
Steps involved in dental veneer procedure:
Procedures may vary, depending upon case scenarios, but here are the basic steps that are normally followed
- Initial consultation: Here your dentist will examine your teeth and explain the process in which this procedure must be carried out. You could also discuss with your dentist about the end result that you desire for.
- Preparation: Before getting the veneers your dentist may remove just ½ millimeter of enamel from your tooth which is the general thickness of dental veneers After which the impression of your tooth will be taken to get the veneers done.
- Before cementing veneers completely to your tooth, your dentist will just temporarily place the veneer on the tooth, to check if the color, along with color of the cement on which these veneers will be stuck to compliment each other, after finalizing on all minute details veneers will be finally cemented to your natural teeth, finally veneers are trimmed and shaped to fit in your mouth naturally
Here are some questions that you may discuss with your dentist and be informed about before gaining for veneers
- The problems that veneer can correct?
- How veneers are placed?
- How long veneers are supposed to last?
- How are the teeth prepared for the placement of veneers?
- How to care for and maintain veneers after they are applied?
We are Here to Help
If you are situated in San Diego, California or neighboring communities and want to get porcelain dental veneers, meet Dr. Nick Refahi and his highly dedicated team at True Design Dentistry. We are here to assist you with your queries and concern. Call us at 858-279-3455