We’re Not Your Ordinary Dental Office In San Diego
Our newly remodeled facility and dental implant center were designed with patient comfort in mind. From the spacious lobby to convenient text notifications, we’re here to simplify your dental care while also enhancing the level of quality that we provide. Relax, sit back and enjoy a cup of freshly brewed coffee with us before your scheduled treatment! Book your appointment online today.
State of the Art Technology
To maintain only the most optimal standard of oral care, we’ve made investments in equipment that enhance your care – like our digital radiographs. These high-resolution images improve our level of communication with patients and help you co-diagnose your oral care needs right along with Dr. Nick Refahi. San Diego True Design Dentistry has also teamed up with one of the best labs in the country to offer some of the highest quality of dental restorations available in the entire nation.
Digital X Rays
Traditionally, dentists use x-rays to find out what’s going on below the surface, developing them in a dark room full of chemicals, and examining the resulting films on a special light board.
Digital radiography entirely outmodes that cumbersome process. Now, a tiny sensor placed in the mouth acts like a miniature VCR camera with an x-ray sensitive chip, exposing you to 50%-90% less radiation exposure than with traditional x-ray techniques. The resulting highly detailed image of your mouth is almost instantaneously translated onto our computer screen, carrying with it all the conveniences of other digitized images. We can rotate it, magnify it, adjust it for contrast, and even color-code it for educational purposes. Because it helps our patients clearly understand the root issues behind their dental health, we’re able to work together to determine the very best dental treatment options for each case.
Hard and Soft Tissue Lasers
The Waterlase system is a revolutionary new, sophisticated dental device that uses laser-energized water to cut teeth. BIOLASE received FDA clearance to market the Waterlase® system for use on hard tissue (teeth) on October 9, 1998. This combination of laser energy and water-spray creates “HYDROKINETIC” energy and is a patented technology invented by BIOLASE scientists and engineers.
How does Waterlase work?
- The Waterlasesystem uses laser-energized water to cut teeth
- The Waterlase emits a laser beam that energizes a highly precise spray of air and water
- Water droplets absorb the laser energy and become laser-energized water particles that, when directed at the tooth, rapidly remove enamel, dentin and decay/caries
Advantages of Waterlase
- Waterlase does not cause vibration in the mouth, hence eases the pain and anxiety of patients who fear the vibration and high-pitched whine of traditional drills. It allows for precise cavity preps with no pain, needles or drills (in most cases). It removes minimal amounts of tooth, helping the patient to preserve as much tooth structure as possible
- Waterlase uses a cool-water spray to cut teeth without generating heat. Conventional drills and lasers can overheat teeth during procedures, inducing discomfort and irreversibly damaging the soft tissue or pulp underneath
- The laser beam has a natural sterilization effect – it evaporates bacteria, viruses, and fungi, which leads to a decrease in local infections. Waterlase® has now been used in root canal treatments to disinfected instrumented canal system to improve the treatment outcome
- The Waterlase significantly improves the patient’s comfort in the dentist’s chair. Patients report little or no discomfort during the procedure. WaterLaser decreases post-operative pain by sealing nerve endings. WaterLaser can be used for the cauterization of small blood vessels and lymphatics, therefore decreases post-operative swellings
Intra Oral Camera
This wonderful new technology allows you to relax in your chair while simultaneously observing real-time pictures of the inside of your mouth magnified beyond normal size on an adjacent computer monitor! Not only does this make it simple to see and understand what the doctor is telling you, but it makes it simple for us to keep incredibly accurate records from one visit to the next.
Patients who use tobacco and alcohol heavily are prone to oral cancer. Cancer screening is done in order to detect the signs of cancerous cells at an early stage and take the necessary steps to cure the same. This can be done during a routine dental visit. Dentists make a note of the medical history of patients and check out for abnormal cells using special equipment. The process may involve the removal of some of the cells from the mouth and performing a biopsy to find out if they are cancerous. The tests performed can help in taking early steps to cure oral cancer.
CBCT abbreviated as Cone Beam Computed Tomography is one of the proven technologies for dental medicine. The technology helps in taking 3D digital images of hard bone tissues in teeth and jaws. A cone-shaped X-ray beam rotates around the head of the patient to develop a 3D digital image of the dentition. The technology is vastly used in dentistry in recent times because the time taken is much less and the images help in coming up with an effective treatment plan. CBCT can be very helpful when performing dental implant surgeries, orthodontic treatment, and other oral surgeries. The complex technology has several advantages and it truly is a boon to the field of dentistry.
WAND is a piece of technological equipment that is used to inject a controlled amount of local anesthesia. It is computer-controlled and the device regulates the flow of the anesthesia in the injection. This can reduce pain and anxiety in patients. It is an advanced dental machine which has made the delivery of local anesthesia simpler and more precise. Most patients report pain caused by injection when administering local anesthesia. This pain is essentially caused by the quick inflow of the anesthetic. WAND slows down the flow of the numbing agent and hence solves the problem.
Comfort in Every Room
Each of our private treatment rooms is equipped with:
- Complimentary WiFi
- Bluetooth headphones
- Smart TVs
- Access to Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime
- Plush, comfortable patient chairs
From flexible appointment times to customized dental care plans, our patients’ needs always come first. Accommodating your comfort needs, oral health conditions, and even your budget is something that we take very seriously. You know what you want from a dentist and our goal is to exceed those expectations.